Michael has practised law since his call to the bar in 1995. Michael graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Commercial Studies from the University of Western Ontario in 1989. He subsequently obtained his law degree from the University of Toronto in 1993. Upon graduation, Michael completed his articles with an eminent law firm in London. He moved to Collingwood in 1998 where he joined Tom Baulke and Vidas Augaitis as an associate lawyer. Michael became a partner in the firm in 2004.
Michael has wide-ranging experience in matters of Real Estate, Municipal, Corporate, Estate Planning and Employment Law. He devotes a significant amount of his time to continuing legal education in order to maintain a thorough knowledge of the law in all these areas of practice.
Michael has also had extensive experience before many courts and tribunals, including the Ontario Court of Appeal. He is able to draw from that breadth of practice in order to provide clients practical and sound legal advice. Michael has also served our community of Collingwood and surrounding area with distinction, including the following activities:
- Past President, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Georgian Triangle
- Past Director, Big Brothers of Ontario
- Past Director, Big Brother Big Sisters of Canada
- Past President, Rotary Club of Collingwood South Georgian Bay
- Past Director, Collingwood General and Marine Hospital Foundation
- Recipient of the Meritorious Service Award for the Collingwood General and Marine Hospital Foundation
- Past Treasurer, Collingwood Yacht Club
- Past Director, Collingwood Sailing School
Michael is always pleased to meet and welcome new clients to the firm of Baulke Stahr McNabb LLP.