Tom has practised in Collingwood since his call to the Bar in 1982. He is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario and was the winner of the Practitioner’s Prize in Real Estate at the Bar Admission Course. Tom has developed an extensive real estate, corporate, commercial and estates practice, serving a large and varied client base.
As counsel for developers in the registration of numerous subdivisions and condominium projects, Tom has acquired considerable knowledge of condominium development and administration. He routinely provides legal advice and guidance for a significant number of the condominium corporations within Collingwood and surrounding areas.
Tom holds memberships in the Canadian Condominium Institute, and the Ontario Bar Association. He has served on the Real Property Executive of the Ontario Bar Association and the Law Society’s Real Estate Working Group. He has been a program chair and presenter at a number of continuing legal education programs offered by the Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Bar Association. Tom has also completed both the preliminary and the advanced Alternate Dispute Resolution courses presented by Stitt, Feld & Handy in association with the University of Windsor.
Community and Public Service:
- Former Chair of the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Board
- Former Chair of the Simcoe County Hospital Council
- Past board member of the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation
- Participant in numerous Hospital major fundraising campaigns
- Rotarian since 1985 – President in 1995
- Council member of the Ontario College of Pharmacists – 2003-2012
- Council member of the Ontario College of Denturists – 2012-2015
- Recipient of the Collingwood General & Marine Hospital Foundation Meritorious Service Award